What are you planning to spoil your sweetheart with this Valentines Day? These delicious home made Chocolate covered Tuxedo Strawberries will definitely score some points and melt some hearts. Watch while Chef Wallace Wong whips up a batch.
ThirteenthLook presents … Tuxedo Strawberries
What you’ll need:
- Fresh strawberries
- White & Dark melting chocolate
- Baking sheet and parchment paper
- Ovaltine and Horlicks drink mixes
Here are the steps listed out in case you were salivating instead of taking notes.
- Wash & dry strawberries.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave. Microwave in 30 sec intervals to prevent overheating.
- Add Horlicks in the melted white chocolate. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Holding from the leaves, dip strawberry in the the Horlicks white chocolate. Leave 1/2 an inch of the strawberry uncovered at the top. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave. Microwave in 30 sec intervals to prevent overheating.
- Add Olvaltine powder into the dark chocolate mix.
- Dip strawberries into the melted Olvaltine dark chocolate at a 45 degree angle. Turn it in the opposite direction and repeat (See video for clarity).
- Spoon Olvaltine dark chocolate mix into a piping bag. Pipe out two connected triangles at the top of the white “V” to make a bow. Pipe 2-3 dots underneath for buttons.
- Refrigerate to harden
Enjoy my dear friends and Happy Valentines Day,